The Fair Housing Law Center assists protected class members in preparing and filing housing discrimination complaints in Federal Court based on violations of the Fair Housing Act.
- Client, a person with a disability and wheelchair-bound with a support animal, was residing in rental housing and threatened with eviction in mid-winter over his failure to remove the support animal. A complaint was filed, resulting in injunctive relief and substantial monetary settlement for the client.
- Client, a person with a disability and residing in rental housing, was threatened with eviction after speaking out against the mistreatment and discrimination of their friends with disabilities . A complaint was filed, securing a temporary order restraining the threatened eviction.
- Client, a person with a visual impairment, was denied rental housing by three separate housing providers in the their small rural town. Complaints were filed against the providers, securing monetary settlements from all three.
- Client, a person with a disability, sought assistance after their landlord refused to allow them to obtain an emotional support animal despite the recommendation from the client’s treating physician, and then sought to evict the client after they obtained an emotional support animal. A complaint was filed, securing a monetary settlement for the client.
- Client, a person with a disability, sought a reasonable accommodation regarding their rental housing. The housing provider refused the request and began to harass the client over their continued possession. A complaint was filed, securing a settlement and monetary award.
- Client, a person with a visual impairment with a guide dog as a service animal, was refused emergency housing by a local shelter facility. A complaint was filed, securing a settlement and monetary award.
If you believe that you may have been discriminated against, please click here to Report Housing Discrimination.