Read the full report here.
- The number of housing discrimination complaints in 2018 is up by eight percent to 31,202, the highest since NFHA began producing the annual Fair Housing Trends Report in 1995.
- Private fair housing groups continue to process more complaints, 75 percent, than all government agencies combined.
- Hate crime offenses increased by an alarming 14.7 percent.
- The use of technology is on the rise, can manifest discriminatory outcomes, and has profound impacts on people’s ability to access housing, credit, and insurance.
- Increased scrutiny of sexual harassment in housing has led to an unprecedented number of cases against housing providers who prey on vulnerable residents who cannot move to a new location because of the lack of affordable housing options.